Thursday, March 13, 2008

DAY 13 - CAN'T DO ENOUGH

Beautiful painting "Time for a cup of tea" by http://www.minchi.info/
Man, apartments in my West Hollywood neighborhood are between $1800-$2200 for a one bdr. I love this area; lots of sweet boutiques a Whole Foods to walk to, Erewhon - the largest retail store for raw food supplies in the country, is 10 blocks away, I ride my bike to work, and ride my bike to beautiful and rigorous canyon hikes. Too bad I can't afford a kitchen, that would cost me at least $900 more a month. Being without one kinda sucks, a kitchen sink, that is. Can't dump any pulp down my 1920s bathroom drains and no wayward plant bits when I'm washing off leafy veggies can go down there either. Have to be really meticulous; this juicing process takes me forever. I am grateful however to have this apartment and my sweet job and the knowledge and wisdom to engage in this feast, however challenging.
But I'm not making the quantity every day. I still can't drink as quickly as they suggest, a quart in 15 minutes? It takes me 45. I'm not hungry for hours in between servings so if I were to make 4 qts. I'd force it down, which makes me nauseous. I'm up to a little over 3 qts. and not enough water. Feelin pretty good though, just more tired upon waking than normal. I'm staying up to late getting all this plus daily tasks & work done. Really no time for blogging anymore until I can get myself up at 5:30 am to start the day.
So, giant bore, but there it is.

Today in my fancy new Green Star Juicer!
I just juice everything at once, I dont have different juices thru the day, just three qts. of these today:

POWER TO THE PEOPLE:
MIXED CHARD
SPINACH
ASPARAGUS
ROMAINE
CILANTRO
BROCCOLI
CARROT TOPS
LEEK
TURMERIC
GARLIC
GINGER
LEMON
+ PURE SYNERGY, MSM, NCD
CHASED w 1/2 T. HEMP & 1/2 T. FLAX OILS

1 comment:

Ben Kaelan said...

Pssst! Tag, you're it! :)

I figured you're a cool chicky so this should be interesting; you are officially invited to share 5 previously unrevealed facts about yourself, at your discretion, of course, and choose 3 others to curse with this gift of love!
xx