Tuesday, July 7, 2009

RENEW ME INSPIRATION

ME & DIMAS IN BIG BEAR, CA

I just got back from a month on Oahu, I fell in love again - with Hawaii. I never fell out of love with it. Kauai was my first island kiss. On Oahu I met 2 wonderful raw vegan inspirations; Kim and Kiani. Beautiful inside and out; both. I went to Oahu as a requirement of my job caring for an elderly lady with Alzheimer's. I went with the idea that I would practice 100% raw determination and lose 20 lbs. I went to a Noni Detox clinic and was so excited to be on their program! I lost 5 lbs in 1 week. My job is quite sedentary; sitting with an elderly lady most of the day. I was jons'n to get out on top of mountain peaks and crater climbs and swimming a little too far out and running along the shoreline. I got up at 5:30 each morning and had a blast hiking alone in the mist or snorkling with the 3 sea turtles that played together at 7 am. I was very active, some mornings running 7-9 miles in the hot 7:30 am sun. Nevertheless, I did not achieve my 100% raw weightloss dream. Part of my job is to accompany the lady to dinner or lunch, whatever she wants to do. That is all she likes to do, to go out to eat. I ate local ahi sashimi, I had coffee, I had lavash toast, I even had a few of her gourmet french fries and bites of her ice cream she always orders for desert. If you have read any of my first entries here you would see that I used to be meticulously raw obsessive and hardcore, for years. UGH. It has been very difficult for me dealing with Alzheimer's craziness, sitting around inside on sunny days bored outta my head and eating too much, and going out to eat all the time for work. I often just get a green tea or a salad. NOW I AM FAT. But I am fit. I can run 8 miles in 89 minutes. I can hike straight uphill faster than many. But I am so fat. 20 lbs to lose, and I can't keep failing. I have lost 10-15 lbs 4-5 times in the last year only to regain it again.
Ok, so now I have to return to my health obsession and with that I will log every day what I am eating. Not that I think anyone cares, just for my own awareness.
******For the record; DAY 3 99% RAW (I had coffee).


COCONUT SPROUTS FROM KIANI
Today:
8am - Detox drink of 5 oz raw Noni juice + 1 tsp ACV + Vitality Boost + Omica SuperIonic
11am - Small coconut sprout + 4 1/2 oz my homemade durian mousse (OMG this was amazing)
1pm- warmish tea of yerba mate, cat's claw, pau d' arco, fo ti, with cinnamon, vanilla stevia and
my homemade hemp mylk
3:30pm: green tea (out to lunch with employer, did not eat)
6pm - "pasta" of 1 zucchini & 1/2 cucumber with tomatoes, celery root, basil, oregano, and a
dressing of Good Mood Food Arugula-Basil Pesto (YUM!) + Lemon + olive oil.
Dessert - the other 1/2 of the durian mousse + a couple of my Superfood Brownies crumbled on top.
9pm
- Detox drink of 5 oz raw Noni juice + 1 tsp ACV + Vitality Boost + Omica SuperIonic

SUPERFOOD BROWNIES

Coconut flour, Carob Powder, Twister Berry Antioxident Blend Powder,
Maca, Mucuna, Shilajit, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Xylitol, Vanilla Stevia, Sea Salt,
Flax & Chia seeds, Hemp seeds on top
Ultimate Superfoods Cacao Paste chopped into chips and hand mixed in.
Water to mix into a dough.
Chill in fridge.

YESTERDAY I ATE:
7am: Detox drink of 5 oz raw Noni juice + 1 tsp ACV + Vitality Boost + Omica SuperIonic
WATER
8:30am: Org. Decaf Coffee black
1pm:
"pasta" of 1 zucchini & 1/2 cucumber with tomatoes, celery root, basil, oregano, and a
dressing of Good Mood Food Arugula-Basil Pesto (YUM!) + Lemon + olive oil.
8:30pm: Durian/coconut mousse I made w. Twister Berry Powder, cinnamon, vanilla stevia,
xylitol, coconut oil, & slippery elm
10pm: Detox drink of 5 oz raw Noni juice + 1 tsp ACV + Vitality Boost + Omica SuperIonic


No comments: