Tuesday, February 19, 2008

BATTLING THE FATS...mmmm, faaaaat. And then there's cabbage.




Man-o-man do I love that Artisana coconut butter in everything and straight from the jar! I should get commission from that company as much as I talk about their coconut. And this Flax-Coconut butter (won Best of Show Awards at ExpoWest 2007) on these Gopal dehydrated crackers. Aaahhh. It's like real butter. And Manitoba Hemp butter on celery is divine. And Go Raw seeds, how do you have only 2 T.? I think I have eaten half the big bag in 2 days. Ooops. Um, all that might add up to about 80% fat I ate between Monday and today. Not 15%. My diet is so limited with no fruits and such that I am depending on fats, which are ok on Phase I...but not the way I like to em em, which is in bulk it seems.
Yeah, I had, like, a whole head of cabbage too! Mmmm, cabbage. Maybe it will detox all the metabolic waste the 20 extra helpings of fat is making.

CABBAGE! - Optimize Your Cells' Detoxification / Cleansing Ability
(from www.whfoods.com )

For about 20 years, we've known that many phytonutrients work as antioxidants to disarm free radicals before they can damage DNA, cell membranes and fat-containing molecules such as cholesterol. Now, new research is revealing that phytonutrients in crucifers, such as cabbage, work at a much deeper level. These compounds actually signal our genes to increase production of enzymes involved in detoxification, the cleansing process through which our bodies eliminate harmful compounds.

The phytonutrients in cruciferous vegetables initiate an intricate dance inside our cells in which gene response elements direct and balance the steps among dozens of detoxification enzyme partners, each performing its own protective role in perfect balance with the other dancers. The natural synergy that results optimizes our cells' ability to disarm and clear free radicals and toxins, including potential carcinogens, which may be why cruciferous vegetables appear to lower our risk of cancer more effectively than any other vegetables or fruits.

POST MODERN CABBAGE SALAD - it's minimalist!
1 wedge raw green cabbage
1 wedge raw purple cabbage - shred em up
1 biggy bunch of organic microgreens (I LOVE YOU MICROGREENS!)
Blend dressing: lemon, oil of choice, garlic, ginger, fresh turmeric root, sole solution or sea salt
Top with sprouted dehydrated sunflower seeds (Go Raw)..but probably not 3 handfuls like I did

LOVING IT....thanks Stephanie! (mwoooah)

No comments: